Updated: November 2019 - Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation’s Medical Advisory Committee
If you or someone close to you has been given a diagnosis of cutaneous lymphoma, you probably have many questions and concerns. You may not even be sure about what kinds of questions to ask. Having a prepared list of questions for your healthcare provider can help you get the information you need to make informed decisions.
Questions You May Ask Related to Your Diagnosis
- What type of cutaneous lymphoma do I have?
- How certain is the diagnosis?
- Are there other studies that are recommended at this point?
- Should I get a second opinion?
- What stage is my cutaneous lymphoma?
- How advanced is my stage of disease?
Questions You May Ask Related to Treatment
- What treatment is appropriate for my stage of cutaneous lymphoma?
- Why are you recommending this particular treatment for me now?
- Is there any written material about the recommended treatment that we can take home to read?
- What are the goals of this treatment?
- How long will the treatment last?
- What are the risks of this treatment?
- What are the most common side effects of this treatment?
- What are the most severe side effects of this treatment?
- Are there ways to manage the side effects?
- How do we know if a side effect is severe enough to warrant calling you?
Preparing for Treatment:
- Where can I get treatment?
- Is there a location near my home?
- What do we need to do to prepare for this treatment?
- Is there anything that’s important to avoid before or during treatment?
- Can you tell us what to expect during treatment -- where does it take place, how long does it last, and is it uncomfortable?
- How do patients typically feel after treatment, both immediately afterward and in the days that follow?
- What’s the best way for us to contact you when we have more questions about the treatment?
- Are there other treatment options available for cutaneous lymphoma and what are the pros and cons of each?
- Are there any new treatment options or clinical trials we should be aware of?
Other Questions You May Want to Ask
How many cases of cutaneous lymphoma do you see a year?
Is it a good idea to make certain diet or lifestyle changes, and how can friends and family help with these?
Vaccinations: A Brief Summary
Answers from the Experts
Modified Severity-Weighted Assessment Tool (mSWAT)
Navigating My Disease
Lab Tests in Staging Cutaneous Lymphoma
Navigating My Disease
WHAT CAN I DO NOW?
GET UPDATED REGULARLY
Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on any research developments.
GET MORE INFORMATION
CLF provides free publications filled with helpful information.
We thank each person who helps us make sure each person with cutaneous lymphoma gets the best care possible.