A GRANT PROGRAM SUPPORTED JOINTLY BY THE CUTANEOUS LYMPHOMA FOUNDATION RESEARCH AWARDS PROGRAM AND THE LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY
2019 Call for Proposals
The Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation (CLF), with support from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the inaugural year of the Cutaneous Lymphoma Catalyst Research Grant, a new funding initiative as part of our Research Awards Program (RAP), the first program of its kind dedicated exclusively to funding cutaneous lymphoma research.
The Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation’s mission is to support every person with cutaneous lymphoma by promoting awareness and education, advancing patient care, and facilitating research.
To help achieve our mission, the Foundation’s RAP will support investigators interested in conducting innovative cutaneous lymphoma research designed to investigate the causes and improve treatments, clinical care and quality of life for patients. Discovering new avenues for better therapies and, one day, a cure for cutaneous lymphoma are key aims of this program.
Award Application Details
The Cutaneous Lymphoma Catalyst Research Grant award is designed to address a near term need to accelerate or extend on-going research that was previously approved by another funding source. This program will accept applications in 2019 and 2020 while the CLF develops a broader research agenda focused on critical unmet medical and research needs in the cutaneous lymphoma field.
The Cutaneous Lymphoma Catalyst Research Grant, Research Awards Program seeks to fund innovative projects from all areas of cutaneous lymphoma research with a particular interest in:
- Clinical Impact
- Multi-institution collaborations
- Innovative science
While the areas listed above represent CLF priorities, all grants will be reviewed without bias toward these focus areas. Final approval and funding of applications is made by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Eligibility and Requirements
Independent investigators at all levels are eligible to receive this award but the principal investigator must have a faculty appointment at an established and recognized academic institution. Medical students, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate students are not eligible. Non‐U.S. investigators are eligible and the research funded by this program can be conducted at non‐U.S. institutions. All research projects involving human subjects must receive IRB approval.
To be eligible for this award, you must have an actively funded grant with specific aims directed at cutaneous lymphoma research and are seeking:
- Additional support to accelerate or expand the research objectives of an active cutaneous lymphoma grant.
- Support to extend/continue the research activities from a specific grant as a lapse in funding is anticipated during the period immediately prior to or after the Catalyst grant review.
- Evidence of the active grant, its aims, and duration of funding must be presented.
- Justification for this additional funding is a critical component of the review.
This is a one-year award up to $50,000, contingent upon approval by the CLF Board of Directors and based upon the CLF Scientific Review Board’s (SRB) review and recommendation. A small indirect cost amount between $1,000‐$2,000 is allowable. We anticipate awarding up to 4 new grants each year depending upon available funds.
Award Timeline Schedule
- August 2019 Public announcement of Request for Applications (RFA).
- September 30, 2019 Application deadline.
- October – November 2019 SRB reviews and ranks applications, makes recommendations to CLF BOD
- End of November 2019 Award recipients notified via email by the CLF.
- December 2019 Grant awards announced at ASH Meeting
- January 2020 Disbursement of the Award and beginning of new award cycle.
Application Process and for More Information
Please download the 2019 Manual_Cutaneous Lymphoma Catalyst Research Grant for detailed information regarding the award including both the application and application checklist.
The initial application submission may be completed online at https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5135201/2019-2020-Catalyst-Research-Awards-Program. Upon submitting the application, you will receive a digital copy by email to be included with your final material submission.
Additional questions can be addressed by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 248‐644‐9014, extension 6.