Nantes, Paris, Pessac, Pierre-Benite Cedex
Phase 3 randomized study to compare the progression free survival of subjects with relapsed/refractory CTCL who receive KW-0761 versus those who receive vorinostat. Subjects who progress on vorinostat will be allowed to cross over to KW-0761 upon progression.
Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years and older
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
- Males and female subjects ≥ 18 years of age at the time of enrollment, except in Japan where subjects must be ≥ 20 years of age at the time of enrollment
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of mycosis fungoides (MF) or Sezary Syndrome (SS)
- Stage IB, II-A, II-B, III and IV
- Subjects who have failed at least one prior course of systemic therapy. Psoralen plus ultraviolet light therapy (PUVA) is not considered to be a systemic therapy
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status score of ≤ 1 at study entry
- Resolution of all clinically significant toxic effects of prior cancer therapy to grade ≤1 by the National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events, version 4.0 (NCI-CTCAE, v.4.0)
- Adequate hematological, renal and hepatic function
- Subjects previously treated with anti-CD4 antibody or alemtuzumab are eligible provided their CD4+ cell counts are ≥ 200/mm3
- Subjects with mycosis fungoides (MF) and a known history of non-complicated staphylococcus infection/colonization are eligible provided they continue to receive stable doses of prophylactic antibiotics
- Women of childbearing potential (WOCBP) must have a negative pregnancy test within 7 days of receiving study medication
- WOCBP and male subjects as well as female partners of child bearing potential must agree to use effective contraception throughout the study
- Prior treatment with KW-0761 or vorinostat.
- Large cell transformation. However, subjects with a history of LCT but without current aggressive disease and no current evidence of LCT on pathology in skin and lymph nodes would be eligible.
- Diagnosed with a malignancy in the past two years. However, subjects with non-melanoma skin cancers, melanoma in situ, localized cancer of the prostate with current PSA of <0.1 ng/mL, treated thyroid cancer or cervical carcinoma in situ or ductal/lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast with in the past two years may enroll as long as there is no current evidence of disease.
- Clinical evidence of central nervous system (CNS) metastasis.
- Psychiatric illness, disability or social situation that would compromise the subject's safety or ability to provide consent, or limit compliance with study requirements.
- Significant uncontrolled intercurrent illness
- Known or tests positive for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), human T-cell leukemia virus (HTLV-1), hepatitis B or hepatitis C.
- Active herpes simplex or herpes zoster. Subjects on prophylaxis for herpes who started taking medication at least 30 days prior to study entry, and have no active signs of active infection, and whose last active infection was more than 6 months ago, may enter the study, and should continue to take the prescribed medication for the duration of the study.
- Experienced allergic reactions to monoclonal antibodies or other therapeutic proteins.
- Known active autoimmune disease will be excluded. (For example; Grave's disease; systemic lupus erythematosus; rheumatoid arthritis; Crohn's disease; psoriasis).
- Is pregnant (confirmed by beta human chorionic gonadotrophin [β-HCG]) or lactating.
Contacts and Locations
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below. For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01728805
Contact: Kyowa Hakko Kirin Pharma 1-609-919-1100
CHU de Nantes Recruiting
Nantes, France, 44093
Contact: Camille Dabrowski
Phone: + 33 (0) 244768133
Principal Investigator: Brigitte Dreno
Hôpital Saint Louis Recruiting
Paris, France, 75010
Contact: Halim Bataouche
Phone: +33 1 42 49 93 92
Principal Investigator: Martine Bagot
CHU Bordeaux - Hopital Haut-Leveque Recruiting
Pessac, France, 33604
Contact: Elie Augier
Phone: +33(0)5 57 62 32 27
Principal Investigator: Marie Beylot-Barry
Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud Recruiting
Pierre-Benite Cedex, France, 69495
Contact: Maggy Borsato
Phone: +33 (0) 4 78 86 17 21
Principal Investigator: Stephane Dalle