PURPOSE: This study will enroll subjects with CTCL stages IB, IIA, IIB, III and IVA. The goal of this study is to determine if the investigational drug Forodesine Hydrochloride is a safe and effective treatment for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma or Sézary syndrome. Approximately 150 patients will participate in this study in up to 50 centers across North America, Europe, and Australia.
1. Males or non-pregnant femails aged ≥ 18 years
2. Histologically confirmed diagnosis of CTCL, including mycosis fungoides and/or Sézary syndrome
3. Subjects with CTCL stages IB, IIA, IIB, III and IVA
4. Must have failed 3 forms of systemic therapy, one of which must have been oral bexarotene, unless not tolerated or was medically contraindicated
1. Proven or suspected extracutaneous visceral CTCL involvement (presence of lymphadenopathy is permitted)
2. Previous treatment with Forodesine
3. Concurrent treatment with any other anti-CTCL therapy
Protocal number: BioCryst Protocol BCX1777-203
Sponsor: BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Identifier for www.clinicaltrials.gov: NCT00501735
Principal Investigator: Miles Prince, MD